Downeast Horizons will meet with the parent/guardian and child/youth, if appropriate, to engage in a conversation focused on learning about the child’s strengths and challenges.
- Comprehensive Assessment: Downeast Horizons will use the DHHS Comprehensive Assessment, whereby the parent/guardian and child/youth, if appropriate, will describe the child in all of the required areas, identify the child’s strengths and needs in each area and describe behaviors targeted for change. The parent/guardian and child/youth, if appropriate, will be offered the opportunity to review the Comprehensive Assessment, and to make changes or additions before authorizing its use by affixing his/her signature.
- Section 28 Assessment Summary: Downeast Horizons, with the parent/guardian and child/youth, if appropriate, summarize areas identified in the Comprehensive Assessment that are strengths and concerns for the child. Parents/guardians also identify priority areas where Downeast Horizons can assist the child/youth to make changes that will increase the child’s/youth’s level of functioning and skill development and decrease maladaptive behaviors.
- Treatment Plan Meeting: Downeast Horizons, with the parent/guardian and child/youth, if appropriate, shall convene a treatment plan meeting in order to discuss specific goals and objectives.
- Individual Treatment Plan: An Individual Treatment Plan for Day Habilitation Services for Children shall be developed for each child if the child has a medical need for Day Habilitation Services. The Individual Treatment Plan must be approved by the parent/guardian and child/youth, if appropriate. Individual Treatment Plans are written for 90 days, and adjusted to reflect progress quarterly. Any changes to the Individual Treatment Plan must be approved by the parent/guardian and child/youth if appropriate. Downeast Horizons will provide a copy of the Individual Treatment Plan to the parent/guardian, the child/youth, if appropriate, and the case manager within 30 days of the parent/guardian signature.
- Prior Approval: Downeast Horizons will submit the Comprehensive Assessment, the Section 28 Assessment Summary, a treatment plan face sheet and the Individual Treatment Plan to APS Healthcare for approval of the treatment plan and the number of hours approved to deliver the Individual Treatment Plan.
- Start of Service: Services can not commence prior to APS Healthcare's approval of the Individual Treatment Plan and the number of hours approved to deliver the Individual Treatment Plan.
- Timeliness of Service: Provider will complete the Comprehensive Assessment, the Section 28 Assessment Summary, the Individual Treatment Plan, obtain Prior Approval from APS Healthcare, hire/assign staff and commence services within 30 days of assignment, which is the date of the Provider’s receipt of referral.
Please note the treatment process described above is as of February 2014, and is intended to be used as a general guide. Exceptions are made as appropriate.
APS Healthcare is an Adminsitrative Services Organization that has been awarded the contract with the State of Maine's Department of Health and Human Services to provide a Behavorial Health Utilization Management System for services currently purchased through the State's Office of Maine Care Services and administered by the Adult Mental Health Services, Childrern's Behavioral Health Services and the Office of Substance Abuse.
APS Members Services