Did you know…
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have Autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for Autism
National Institutes of Health Funds Allocation (NIH)
Total 2012 NIH budget: $30.86 billion
Of this, only $169 million goes directly to Autism research.
This represents 0.55% of total NIH funding.