The goal of the Parent Alliance is to provide a direct line of open communication from family members to Downeast Horizons’ Management Team. The Parent Alliance holds meetings where a Board Member and the Executive Director are often invited guests. The Executive Director and Board Member actively listen to feedback from the individuals and respond to questions from the group.
The group is supported by Downeast Horizons, but organized and overseen by the family members and/or guardians. The agenda and structure of meetings are prescheduled by a representative from the Parent Alliance group.
Parent Alliance activities include:
- Assist with Special Olympics
- Consumer Activities
- Host Potluck Lunches for Employee Appreciation
- Coordinate and Assist with Agency fund-raising for Program Participants
- Event Planning and Implementation
- Represent Agency at Public Events – Town Meetings
Topics Discussed with Guest Speakers include:
- Social Security Benefits
- Legislative updates
- MaineCare changes
- Downeast Horizons developments and changes
- Downeast Horizons Policies and Procedures
- Employee Trainings
- Agency Events
Parent Alliance meetings are open to Downeast Horizons Program Participants’ family members and/or guardians or invited guests. Meetings are held at the Ellsworth Center, 77 Union St. Ellsworth, Maine.
For more information, call 667-2400 Extension 19.